1) Is there an adequate rationale for using a mixed methods design to address the research question?
2) Are the different components of the study effectively integrated to answer the research question?
3) Are the outputs of the integration of qualitative and quantitative components adequately interpreted?
4) Are divergences and inconsistencies between quantitative and qualitative results adequately addressed?
5) Do the different components of the study adhere to the quality criteria of each tradition of the methods involved?
Reference: Mixed Methods Appraisal Tool (MMAT) Version 2018